How to maximize your productivity using iManage Work 10
The one thing we all have in common is the fact that we only have 24 hours in a day. How we use this time is what can set us apart. As Henry David Thoreau said, “The true price of anything you do is the amount of time you exchange for it.” Time is a great example of supply and demand. Because of the finite amount we have, it is our most valuable commodity. Using the right technologies in the right way allows us to get the very most out of every day.
The iManage Work 10 platform enables me to work as productively as possible. I am able to get more accomplished and it allows me to focus on the most important tasks at hand while moving through the more mundane tasks at a faster pace.
A common challenge for many is how time-consuming finding and retrieving emails and documents can be. In particular, managing my Outlook inbox has become a dreaded endeavor. The time spent looking for information is time I won’t get back and time I could be using in a more productive way. Below are my top 5 iManage Work 10 features that really do save ME time on a regular basis.
- Quick File – With literally one click I can file an email to the appropriate workspace. Based on my previous user behavior, iManage intuitively knows the most likely desired filing location.
- Save Attachments – Often I just need to file an attachment rather than include the email. Save attachments allows me to easily file the attachment(s) only.
- Work Panel – This is a BIG one and is unique to iManage. I have full access to emails and documents stored in iManage directly from Outlook via the Work Panel with searching, versioning, previewing and other capabilities. This also gives me another quick and easy way to drag and drop emails into the appropriate workspace.
- My Favorites – When working in the browser UI, this is my single most often used feature. I can “favorite” any workspaces/folders/documents I need quick and easy access to — no need to search or click on a filter. Everything I need is at my fingertips.
- Work for Office – Flexibility is key in Work 10. A great example is having the ability to work directly in MS Word and have complete access to iManage content and capabilities. I can search and retrieve documents, as well as, have full functionality re: the open document via the iManage ribbon to access profile info, versioning, audit trail, etc. This allows me to keep working and not have to toggle between applications.
Seconds or minutes saved throughout the day are significant when measured over time. If your time happens to be billable, this translates into increased revenue. At the end of the day, we all want to work smarter not harder. For me, iManage Work 10 is a tool I wouldn’t want to be without. It makes a huge difference in my ability to work as efficiently and productively as possible.